Contact Us for Professional Tree Services in Lowell.
A leader in tree care and tree removal since 1993
If you are a homeowner or business owner in Lowell, MA, chances are you have trees on your property. While trees are beautiful and add value to your property, they can also pose a risk to your safety and your property if they are not properly maintained. At Marquis Tree Service, we offer professional tree removal, stump grinding, and tree pruning services to keep your property safe and beautiful.
We are a team of professionals with years of experience in tree services. We are fully licensed and insured, so you can trust us to take care of your property. We use only the best equipment and techniques to ensure the safety of your property and our team. We are also committed to providing excellent customer service and will work with you to find the best solution for your tree-related needs.
A permit to remove a tree from your property can vary depending on your location and local ordinances. In many areas, especially when it comes to larger trees or trees in specific conditions, a permit may be required to ensure the preservation of the local tree canopy and protect the environment. Here are some key factors to consider:
1. Local Regulations: The first step is to check with your city or municipal government. They will have specific regulations regarding tree removal on private property. Some cities have strict guidelines, especially for mature or protected trees, and may require a permit. Others may allow removal without a permit up to a certain size or under certain conditions.
2. Tree Size: Many cities and towns have size thresholds that trigger the need for a permit. Trees below a certain size may not require a permit for removal, while larger trees might. It’s important to measure the diameter of the tree trunk at chest height to determine whether it meets the criteria.
3. Tree Health: Dead, diseased, or hazardous trees often do not require a permit for removal, as they pose safety risks. However, it’s advisable to document the tree’s condition with photos and, if possible, get an assessment from a certified arborist.
4. Protected Species: Some cities protect specific tree species, and removing them might require a permit or replacement with a new tree.
5. Heritage or Historic Trees: Trees with heritage or historical significance may be protected, and removal may necessitate a permit and expert consultation.
6. Property Size: The size of your property can also impact whether you need a permit. In densely populated areas, there may be stricter regulations compared to properties with more acreage.
7. Consultation: It’s always a good idea to consult with a certified arborist or tree service professional. They can assess the tree’s health, provide recommendations, and help determine whether a permit is necessary.
8. Permit Application: If a permit is required, you’ll need to submit an application to your local government, detailing the reasons for removal and any replanting plans if necessary. Be prepared to pay a fee if one is required.
Research your city’s specific requirements and, if in doubt, consult with professionals who can guide you through the process. If you’re looking for assistance with tree removal or have questions about permits, feel free to contact us for a free estimate and expert advice on your tree care needs.
Stump grinding is an additional service, but we can provide it for you in addition to tree removal. Here is a list of the benefits of stump removal:
1. Aesthetics: Stump removal enhances the visual appeal of your property. A tree stump left behind after tree removal can be unsightly and disrupt the overall beauty of your landscape. Removing stumps can instantly improve the look of your yard.
2. Safety: Stumps left in your yard can pose safety hazards. They can be tripping hazards for people and can damage lawn equipment if accidentally hit. Eliminating stumps eliminates these risks, making your property safer for everyone.
3. Yard Space: Stump removal frees up valuable yard space that can be used for other landscaping purposes. You can replant grass, flowers, or shrubs, or even expand your outdoor living areas like patios or decks.
4. Pest Prevention: Tree stumps left in your yard can attract pests like termites, ants, and beetles. These pests can eventually make their way to your home, causing damage. Removing stumps helps prevent these infestations.
5. Easier Lawn Maintenance: Stumps can make mowing and maintaining your lawn more challenging. Their presence can necessitate careful maneuvering and can result in uneven grass growth. Stump removal streamlines lawn care and maintenance.
6. Disease Prevention: Some tree diseases can linger in tree stumps and infect nearby plants and trees. Removing stumps can help prevent the spread of diseases to healthy vegetation.
7. Increased Property Value: A well-maintained and visually appealing landscape can boost your property’s value. Stump removal is an investment that can pay off when it comes time to sell your home.
8. Environmentally Friendly: Stump removal eliminates the need for chemicals or herbicides that might be used to prevent stump regrowth. It’s a more environmentally friendly option.
9. Planting Options: Once a stump is removed, you have the freedom to replant the area with new trees, shrubs, or plants of your choice. This allows you to redesign your landscape according to your preferences.
10. Eliminates Regrowth: Stumps can sometimes sprout new growth, which can be challenging to manage. Removing the stump eliminates the possibility of regrowth.
We understand your concerns about potential property damage during tree removal. Our commitment to outstanding service extends to the protection of your property and the surrounding environment. Here’s how we ensure a safe and damage-free tree removal process:
1. Professional Crew: Our highly trained and professional crew is experienced in handling tree removals of all sizes and complexities. They use their expertise to assess the tree’s condition, size, and location to plan a safe removal process.
2. Special Equipment: We have the necessary special equipment to efficiently and safely remove trees, including those with large branches or in proximity to structures like your roof, driveway, or pool. Our equipment allows us to control the tree’s descent carefully.
3. Precautionary Measures: Before commencing the tree removal, we take precautionary measures such as evaluating the tree’s health, trimming dead branches, and securing the area. This reduces the risk of falling debris and minimizes potential damage.
4. Site Assessment: Our crew assesses your property thoroughly to determine the best approach for tree removal. They consider factors like the tree’s lean, potential hazards, and nearby structures.
5. Clear Communication: We maintain open communication with you throughout the process. Our team will discuss the removal plan with you, ensuring that you are informed and comfortable with the procedure.
6. Property Protection: To protect your property during tree removal, we use techniques like roping and controlled lowering to guide branches and sections safely to the ground. We can also install protective barriers to shield sensitive areas like gardens and lawns.
7. Clean-Up: After the tree is removed, we clean up the area thoroughly, removing debris and wood, and restoring your property to its original condition.
8. Insurance: We are fully insured, which means that in the unlikely event of any damage, our insurance will cover the costs of repair or replacement.
Tree removal is the process of taking down a tree, including the root system, and removing it from the property. This service is typically required when a tree is dead, diseased, or poses a safety hazard.
Stump grinding is the process of using specialized equipment to grind a tree stump down to below ground level. This is typically done after a tree has been removed in order to remove the remaining stump and make the area safer and more attractive.
Crane assisted tree removal is a method of removing a tree using a crane in conjunction with other specialized equipment. This method is typically used for larger trees that cannot be safely taken down using conventional methods, or for trees that are located in difficult-to-reach areas.
Land clearing service involves the removal of trees, brush, and other vegetation from a plot of land. This service is typically used for new construction, agriculture, or to create firebreaks. It may also include the removal of stumps, rocks, and other debris to prepare the land for further use.
Emergency tree services are critical when a fallen tree threatens your home or property, or poses a safety risk. Our team is available 24/7 to handle any tree-related emergency, including fallen or damaged trees, storm damage, or hazardous trees. We have the experience, tools, and expertise to assess the situation.
GIVE US A CALL TODAY!